On 6/8/20 1:04 PM, PGNet Dev wrote:
> i've set
>
>       /init
>               DYN_IP=$( dig A dyn.example.com @1.1.1.1 +short  2>/dev/null )
>
> then use
>
>       %{DYN_IP}
>
> in my SW configs, e.g. in /rules.
>
> if I want to add a fallback value, what's the correct syntax/usage?
>
> in fool_sm config, e.g., I use the form
>
>       checkip=${SW_ETH0_GATEWAY:-1.2.3.4}
>
> where "SW_ETH0_GATEWAY" is an internal var.
>
> with the dynamic addressvariable, DYN_IP
>
> is it safe/valid to 'include' the fallback in the var defintion in /init as
>
>       DYN_IP=${ $( dig A dyn.example.com @1.1.1.1 +short  2>/dev/null ) :
> -1.2.3.4 }
>
> of course, using the *right* (???) syntax ..., and continue to use just
>
>       %{DYN_IP}
>
> ?
>
> or, do I need to use
>
>       %{DYN_IP:-1.2.3.4}
>
> or somesuch throughout?

Shorewall doesn't support the latter syntax so you will have to assign
the default in /init

Tom Eastep        \ Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster
Shoreline,         \    with an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you
http://shorewall.org \    can't understand