Von: Tom Eastep [mailto:teas...@shorewall.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020 00:54
An: shorewall-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Shorewall-users] nf_ct_snmp: dropping packet: parser failed

On 7/28/20 12:07 PM, Walter Hofstädtler wrote:
> Matt,
>
>>> Did you change the back end before restarting SW?
> How to change the backend? Please elaborate.
>
>>> What is the value of 'RESTART=' in shorewall.conf?
> RESTART=restart
>
> Minutes ago I did this test:
>
> 1. Switched to iptables-legacy:
> $ update-alternatives --config iptables
>   1  enter
>
> 2. rebootet the server
>
> Unfortunately this did not solve the issue, all snmp packets dropped.

I don't believe that this is a Shorewall issue at all. Shorewall simply loads
nf_nat_smmp_basic (which in turn loads nf_conntrack_snmp). This may be
overridden by:

a) Listing nf_nat_smmp_basic in the DONT_LOAD setting in shorewall.conf.
b) Listing the helpers that you do want loaded in the HELPERS setting.
c) Set AUTOHELPERS to no.

You may also need to blacklist nf_conntrack_snmp (See
https://wiki.debian.org/KernelModuleBlacklisting).

Tom Eastep        \ Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster
Shoreline,         \    with an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you
http://shorewall.org \    can't understand