Shorewall configured as basic 2 interface router/firewall.   New Ubuntu 20.04.1
server installation with shorewall 5.2.3.2.   Ubuntu server current with all
security patches and updates.  Ubuntu server network configuration managed by
netplan.  Ubuntu server also running dhcp (isc-dhcp-server) server.   Shorewall
firewall seems to work, but router does not appear to route packets correctly.
I can connect to the firewall via ssh via net and loc interfaces.  ssh
connections through firewall/router seem to work. DHCP server on loc interface
is working correctly.   HTTP connections, DNS connections, NTP connections
through router are rejected.

I am using shorewall on 2 other existing systems without issues.   Existing
shorewall systems running Ubuntu 18.04/ or 20.04 servers and ifconfig to manage
network interfaces (systems built using ubuntu 14.04 and upgrade via in place
upgrades).  See log file attached