Hello Alexander,

On Thu, May 20, 2021, at 7:33 AM, Alexander Stoll wrote:
> When you recieve only a /64 subnet, this gets gets realy complicated and
> depends on every involved software which has to support subnets smaller
> than /64.
> In this situation you may be better off with a NAT solution.

Here, with ATT as my upstream, the MODEM, which sits in front of the ROUTER,
_serves_ a delegation via DHCP6 via its ROUTER-facing interface.

That "IPv6 Addressing Subnet (including length)", apparently configured from
upstream, is a /64.

THAT is what the ROUTER gets.

As far as I tell, that can't be changed.  At least not in the UI.  Maybe
there's a 'hidden' setting you can set via SSH session;  I sure haven't found
it yet.

Internally, the LAN clients get delegated assignments from radvd, using a
"prefix ::/64 {" advertisement.  I _might_ be able to safely expand that beyond
the /64 -- I just am not sure.

Since I (1) don't get a /56, and (2) control _none_ of the upstream, sounds
like NAT is my best bet.  Even if 'ugly'.

Thanks!

Thad