Hi,

On 7/6/21 4:31 PM, Justin Pryzby wrote:
        Shorewall @ "Public Server":
                /rules
                        ACCEPT  net    $FW:AA.AA.AA.AA    tcp    12345
                        DNAT    net    vpn:10.10.10.99    tcp    12345    -
AA.AA.AA.AA

        Shorewall @ "Private Edge"
                /rules
                        ACCEPT  vpn    lan:10.10.10.99    tcp    12345
                        DNAT    vpn    lan:10.10.10.99    tcp    12345    -
10.10.10.99

By default, DNAT includes ACCEPT.  So the first step is to remove the redundant
ACCEPT.

I'd put it in for attempts at some additional logging awhile ago, & neglected
to remove. thx!

but FAILs to route back over the VPN link; I don't see the traffic return via
intfc = vpn0.
it's instead appearing on the EXTERNAL interface

Where does that mis-routeback need to get fixed? so the traffic return is via
"Private Edge" *vpn0*, NOT *eth0*?

You haven't shown the rest of your config - maybe it's missing the routeback
option.

Trying to follow docs/examples and assemble this step by step; Thought I'd
gotten that right already :-/

Atm,

        @ "Private Edge"
        /interfaces

                net    EXT_IF
optional,physical=$EDGE_EXTIF,dhcp,tcpflags,nosmurfs,logmartians=1,sourceroute=0
                vpn    VPN_IF
optional,physical=$EDGE_VPNIF,logmartians=0,routeback=1
                -      INT_IF
physical=$EDGE_INTIF,dhcp,tcpflags,logmartians=1,routefilter=0,routeback=1

Hm.  Need to dig around to see if it's correct to keep the routeback=1 on both VPN
& INT intfcs ...

Anything missing/wrong jump out?