Hi

Am 31.12.2021 um 15:48 schrieb Thomas:
Hello,

I'm currently running VyOS 1.1.8 on a PC Engines ALIX2D13, a 500MHz
single x86 CPU, 256MB memory board with i586 architecture.
This OS is based on Squeeze, and I cannot upgrade to a newer release.

Therefore I consider to switch to Shorewall running with Debian 10.

My question before proceeding is:
Will this board fulfill the minimum HW requirements for a Shorewall
installation?

I am still running a few small routers based on the predecessor of the ALIX board (WRAP with 64MB) with a small footprint Linux Linux distribution (leaf.sourceforge.net). They perform sufficiently well on small networks but will never reach Gb net speed due to HW limitations. The ALIX board is way better and of course the actual Pcengines HW is in another class.

ET