Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2010-09-09 kell 17:00, kirjutas Florian Manach:
> Hi,
>
> I think I found a bug yesterday.
>
> I took portraits with my d90 wich store the orientation in education and
> imported them into sw, retouch and exported them as files on my desktop.
>
> Problem is : the thumbnail of the exported file is good but the actual image
> seems to be stored in the wrong orientation.
>
> When I upload this file in Facebook or when I open it in the Gimp, the image
> is shown in landscape orientation.

JPG files can contain EXIF data, which specifies it's orientation. This
is good, because JPEG is lossy format and every time you reencode it,
you loose some information. Doing real rotate in file is not possible
without reencoding.
The problem is, not all software can handle EXIF rotate right. But GIMP
can, it asks on opening, whether to rotate the image or not (since it
has to reencode it anyway).

Mattias