On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 23:10 +0100, Michael Hendry wrote:
[snip]

> This sounds like a time-consuming process (but for the computer, not its
> operator!), and I wonder if it would be more elegantly done by providing
> a file manager within Shotwell itself - it would then "know" where the
> files had gone, and could make adjustments to the database with this
> knowledge.

I think there is already a ticket to add a folder view, which would
provide some level of file handling, although I can't find it right now.
However, that would not solve the original problem. Once things that
could be done, now that Shotwell has the ability to change the path of
the picture folder, would be to provide an option to copy all the files
from the old folder to the new one when that happens.

Bruno