On 09/07/2009, at 12:09 PM, Curtis Villamizar wrote:

 1. Third party aggregation.

AS X wants to form and aggregate based on components originated by
   another set of AS.

By this do you mean that AS X wants to additionally originate the prefixes from AS Y, or perhaps simply aggregate two contiguous prefixes into one
announcement?

Other example: Most of OZ used to be homed into two US providers both
with beachheads in OZ.  They could have done the same but AFAIK they
did not.

(I'm not sure it happened exactly that way here in OZ, but that's another story for another time.:-) )

Back onto the topic. the requirement of proxy or third party aggregation is something that I've seen from time to time.

The way I've seen this phrased is that ASes X, Y and Z announce an aggregatable set of prefixes to AS A, and AS A wants to to announce a single covering aggregate.

Geoff