On Apr 4, 2011, at 4:32 AM, Hannes Gredler wrote:

> so my question is: "why do we need to solve the same problem
> (= protecting message integrity) 2 times in different ways" ?

This new machinery simply introduces object-level integrity functions
in the application (i.e., BGP), it does nothing to ameliorate attacks
at lower layers - all those substrate attack vectors (e.g., transport
connection resets, injection or replay attacks) still exist and
require controls as well -- else things might break in even uglier ways
at higher layers.

Viva la layered security,

-danny