On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:
>> Possibly the use of md5 would be more palatable to the security area
>> if the protocol were Experimental rather than Standards-Track.  If the
>> authors and chairs would be willing to make that change
>
> not a chance in hell.  the vendors went out on a limb.  operators same.

yea, so ... without my co-chair-special-garments on I'm not sure
experimental heads us in the direction of ubiquitous secure
interdomain routing.

We seem to be in a bit of a jam :( I don't think SIDR is going to be
able to, by declaration, get opensource implementations of AO to
appear. I don't see non-open-source implementations on the server side
for tcp-md5 sadly either, but at least fbsd/obsd/linux have tcp-md5
support.

-chris