http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_check

>   6) microphone discipline for in-room vs external folks, often the
>      in-room folk displayed (me too) an inability to wait their turn
>      (jump into the conversation directly without queuing up, etc)

like it or not, when there are 20 people in the room, the need for queue
discipline is not obvious.  so it becomes more critical that remote folk
can break in equally.

i would like to hear from folk who participated remotely.  ruediger
seemed to be able to participate as if he was in the room.  which of the
19 semi-functional technologies was he using?  (and he is unlikely to
get/answer email)

in $dayjob, this kind of meeting has video of the participants, which,
imiho, aids equality.

randy