On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Jakob Heitz <jakob.he...@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Wasn't there a proposal along the lines of:
>
> Create an attribute that says:
> "I authorize you to announce this route to your provider"

I think it was some form of 'bit for transit' and 'bit for customer'
... but sure.

> The originator and all transited ASes must sign it.
> Any AS can remove it.
> If you receive an update without it (but with a bgpsec)
> from a customer or peer, then human intervention
> is required before accepting it.
> This way, human intervention occurs before the problem, not after.

I think the proposal was to mark the route as 'bad' and then decide to
do somethign with it (or not... say lower-local-pref/med/etc or
discard/reject/drop - let the local operator decide what to do with
that class of problem)

> What happened to that proposal?

awaiting updates/edits/etc.. and I think moved from sidr to idr,
notionally at least.

> Was it Brian Dickson?

think so, yes.