A quick clarification: The current BGPSEC protocol specification can easily
be modified to protect the ORIGIN attribute. (That is, prevent it from
being modified by intermediate ASes.)

I can very quickly put out an update to the BGPSEC protocol specification
if the working group decides that there is a requirement to protect the
ORIGIN attribute.

It is valuable to have this discussion. I am personally sceptical of
preventing the modification of the ORIGIN attribute. However, if others in
the writhing group see value in protecting the ORIGIN attribute, then I
want to know about it. (And it is certainly the case that I understand the
issue better now than I did before this discussion started.)

-Matt Lepinski