In my comments to Tim and Carlos, I neglected to say that I do think the WG should provide a detailed, algorithmic description of the proposed relaxed validation
procedure.

If the authors produce a suitable description of the procedure, and if the other RPKI RP software developers find it reasonable, then I will support the change.

I also note that relaxed validation rules probably would simplify the procedure described in the TAO I-D. I suggest that INR transfer, a topic raised by Sandy long ago and not addressed in detail prior to the TAO I-D, should be the topic of a separate I-D, not
part of the relaxed validation procedure description.

Finally, I assume that the RIRs are not suggesting that errors in cert issuance are a good idea; thus I would like to see the revised validation I-D define procedures of the sort I described earlier to help CAs detect erroneous cert issuance and avoid it, rather than relying solely on relaxed validation by RPs to mitigate the damage of
such errors.

Steve