Sandy,

speaking as regular ol' member

On Jul 24, 2014, at 12:09 PM, Tim Bruijnzeels <t...@ripe.net> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2014, at 11:30 AM, Sandra Murphy <sa...@tislabs.com> wrote:
On Jul 24, 2014, at 10:37 AM, Russ Housley <hous...@vigilsec.com> wrote:
…
RFC 3779 has been implemented.  For example, OpenSSL implements RFC 3779, and
others make use of this certificate handling software.  We are not talking
about a little tweak to such a library.  Implementation would require a path
validation parameter to pass the content of the ROA.
Not sure that's the case.  I think all RPKI recipients now need to do a
computation of which of a cert's resources are valid, which are not.  The
*recipients* decide what the certificate says.  This will impact interpretation
of a ROA but I don't think it requires something that has to get passed around
with the ROA.
I may have misread what Russ meant.  When I said "passed around", I meant
passed with the ROA to someone downloading the RPKI data.
For that interpretation of "passed around" I agree that this is not the case, i.e., no added
data need be downloaded from a repository or cache.

Steve