On Oct 08, 2014, at 02:48, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

>> Yep the issuer always gets to determine the subject name as per RFC
>> 6487 s4.5 so how about we just leave that bit out and make that
>> sentence a note:
>>
>>  Note that more than one certificate can be issued to
>>  an AS (i.e., more than one router can get a certificate
>>  for the AS and hence the private key is shared among
>>  more than one router).
>>
>> I guess the follow on question is whether we also point out that a
>> router could support more than one AS but having key pairs for each
>> AS:
>>
>>  Also note that routers can support multiple ASs with
>>  separate keys pairs one for each AS.
>>
>> or something like that?
>
> i think i understand it and it makes sense.  though i would tersify it
>
>   Rrouters can support multiple ASs with
>   separate keys pairs, one for each AS
>
> :)
>
> randy

I let this one sit for a while and hearing no objections I went ahead and made
the changes in the version on github:
https://github.com/seanturner/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles/blob/master/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-09.txt

I’ll submit it to the IETF once the submission window reopens.

To the best of my knowledge this resolves the last remaining technical issue.

spt