On Nov 04, 2015, at 20:14, t.petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

> [...]

Oh good idea. I think we should put the BGPsec registry in the RPKI group so
how about :

  The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is requested
  to define the "BGPsec Algorithm Suite Registry" described below
  in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) group.

> And to make the IANA Considerations complete of themselves, since they
> get extracted onto a web site, should there be a reference to the
> constraints imposed on the algorithms in section two i.e. the two
> algorithms to be registered must be as specified in rfc6485bis?  An
> rfc6485ter would then have to have IANA Considerations to update that
> part but I expect we would remember to do that.

So there’s no registry for the algorithms used to sign RPKI objects.  Folks
that start out in IANA registries will need to follow some bread crumbs from
ROAs, Manifests, and Ghostbusters to 6487 to 6485bis.  BGPsec will be no
different in this regard.  Again, this assume readers start in the IANA
registries, which I hope is not where they’re starting ;)

spt