> 在 2015年11月6日,13:16,Geoff Huston <gih...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> I disagree with the assertions Karen
>

>> On 6 Nov 2015, at 7:53 AM, Karen Seo <k...@bbn.com> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I think the authors have brought up some pertinent issues which have helped
>> inspire other work which subsumes them.  So I thank them but agree that it
>> seems appropriate to drop this draft since those issues are now being
>> covered in other documents and those documents have additional detail.
>
> this is the overall assertion that I disagree with.
>

>> Randy's I-D discusses INR transfers.
>
> This is just one way to think about certificate-mediated transfer of
> resources between address registries. It does not necessarily address the
> brittleness of the overall RPKI when using the existing validation algorithm.
>

>> Steve's draft on adverse action provides a detailed analysis of the
>> "operational fragility" of the RPKI in the face of attacks and errors.
>
> As I said in the working group meeting, I oppose the adoption of this draft.
> It is by no means a complete list of “things that could go wrong” and as we
> continually find out in operations each and every day, what actually
> surprises us that goes wrong is stuff that we never expected to go wrong.
> This document pretends to be a comprehensive list of all things that could go
> wrong and such a pretension is at best a dangerously mistaken one. The
> suggested remediations rely on unspecified mechanisms that are at best using
> a liberal application of magic. It leads to a misapprehension that nothing
> else could ever go wrong, and therefore if we just concentrate on these
> things the result would be operationally perfect. I have yet to see such a
> theory of how to attain operational perfection withstand even one week in the
> field.

Geoff,

The way I think about “things that could go wrong” is different from you.

No one can enumerate all specific and concrete security problems as we are
moving forwards with RPKI deployment and operations.

But reviewing RPKI operation security on the whole and establish a threat model
is necessary as people did in other areas. One can easily find a bunch of RFCs
that are intended to do so.

RFC 3833 Threat Analysis of the Domain Name System (DNS)

RFC7132 Threat model for BGP Path Security

RFC7375 Secure Telephone Identity Threat Model.

for instance.

And the adverse actions draft is intended to well shape the RPKI operation
security problems by offering taxonomy that helps seek security mechanisms to
safeguard RPKI operations.

Di