Geoff,

Thanks for reviewing the text.

I modified the text to change "current VRS-IP" to be "... the value of the VRS-IP computed for certificate x-1" as per your suggestion. I also made this change for the corresponding VRS-AS text.

I don't think we need to add a note about validation being performed "top down" since bullet B already says: "certificate '1' is a trust anchor"

Steve
FWIW, I like this formulation Steve.

Possibly when you refer to "the current value of the VRS-IP” you may want to
explicitly refer to the VRS-IP of certificate x-1 rather than “current”.

I also wonder if it is worth noting that the enumerated steps outlined here are
intended to be performed “top down” - i.e. from a trust anchor to the
certificate to be validated.

regards,

   Geoff