Folks,

I recall Tim has suggested a schedule for transition to the new validation
algorithm during Berlin meeting. His proposal is to mandate RP support for the
new all 6 months after the doc is published as an RFC.

My team is now responsible for RPSTIR update.

I am afraid that the proposal is sorta aggressive. IMHO, six-months after
publication of the RFC may be too soon. Although this WG has been through
discussions of the validation-reconsidered, but the conclusion was just
reached.

This is really a fundamental change to both RP and CA, I anticipate we need
more time to have RP software code changed and thoroughly tested, to
accommodate the new validation procedures.

Anyway, we are evaluating the time frame,trying to give absolute dates as soon
as possible.

BTW, OID issue has not been yet with IANA feedbacks. We can’t be sure how long
it will take to go through the IESG approval process, incurring uncertainty. I
am not reassured whether it is prudent to get started with RPSTIR update right
away.

I am therefore looking forwards to seeing more discussions and comments in this
thread, especially from other RPKI implementers.

Di