Dear authors:

Hi!  I just finished reading this document.

I have some comments (please see below) I would like you to address, but I
wouldn’t characterize any of them as major, so I’m starting the IETF Last Call
and placing this document in the next available IESG Telechat.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

Comments:

C1. From the Introduction: “A router holding the private key is authorized to
send route advertisements (to its peers) that contain one or more of the
specified AS number as the last item in the AS PATH attribute.”  First of all,
if BGPSec is used, then the AS_PATH attribute is not.  Second, what does “one
or more of the specified AS number as the last item” mean?  There is only one
“last item”…but I’m guessing you might be referring to pre-pending.

C2. “Border Gateway Protocol Security protocol (BGPsec)”  I haven’t seen BGPsec
expanded anywhere else like that.  In fact, ID.sidr-bgpsec-protocol just used
BGPsec (no expansion).

C3. s/ID.sidr-rfc6485bis/rfc7935

C4. In Section 3.1.3.2. (Extended Key Usage): “As specified in [RFC6487] this
extension MUST be marked as non-critical.”  Because the behavior was specified
in RFC6487, then the “MUST” shouldn’t be Normative here; s/MUST/must

C5. Section 3.3. (BGPsec Router Certificate Validation) says that the
“validation procedure…is identical to the validation procedure described in
Section 7 of [RFC6487] (and any RFC that updates this procedure), but using the
constraints applied come from this specification.”  It Is strange to me that
the phrase inside the parenthesis is included here since there isn’t an update
to the procedure – is there a specific reason why you need to call future
(unknown) updates out at this point?   BTW, s/using the constraints applied
come from this specification/using the constraints from this specification

C6. References.
- RFC6818 can be made Informative.
- RFC6486 and ID.sidr-bgpsec-protocol should be Normative.

C7. s/to an Internet Service Providers (ISP)/ to an Internet Service Provider
(ISP)

C8. s/The CA also generate./  (orphan phrase)

C9. s/The [RFC6480]/[RFC6480]

C10. s/3.1.1.1./3.1.1.

C11. “…the efforts of Steve Kent…were instrumental in preparing this work”
Steve is an author.