Hi all,

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 at 10:29, Tim Bruijnzeels <t...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Warren, all,
>
> I (co-author) agree that this was an oversight. I have no objections to
> the change.
>
> However.. I haven't checked, but beware that current implementations might
> fail to parse the file if a "comment" member is added here, if they are
> (overly) strict. I expect that most will simply ignore this member. Perhaps
> it's wise that this is verified before finalising the errata.

A similar concern was expressed (in opposition of) tidying up a missing
constraint in ROA EE certificates:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/sidr/yGj8xJh9h-krcJXtW-xuTBeSnf4/

I think the working group needs to decide on a few questions in both cases:

1) was it the intent to permit AS Resources / forbid Comments?
2) is any known running code going to fall over - if the errata is approved?
3) have there been ROAs / SLURM files in the observable universe which
would suddenly be “out-of-spec”, if the errata is approved?

Kind regards,

Job