Dear Siesta developpers:

I realized that the k-mesh, which I explicitly wanted to be UNSHIFTED, and it was so in the 0th relaxation step,
spontaneously changes to SHIFTED from the next step on:

(...)
siesta: k-grid: Number of k-points = 4400 siesta: k-grid: Cutoff (effective) = 25.527 Ang siesta: k-grid: Supercell and displacements siesta: k-grid: 20 0 0 0.000 siesta: k-grid: 0 20 0 0.000 siesta: k-grid: 0 0 20 0.000
Naive supercell factors:     9    9    9
(...)
siesta:                 ==============================
                            Begin CG move =      0
                        ==============================
(...)
siesta:                 ==============================
                            Begin CG move =      1
                        ==============================
siesta: k-grid: Number of k-points =  4000
siesta: k-grid: Cutoff (effective) =    25.803 Ang
siesta: k-grid: Supercell and displacements
siesta: k-grid:   20   0   0      0.500
siesta: k-grid:    0  20   0      0.500
siesta: k-grid:    0   0  20      0.500
Naive supercell factors:     9    9    9

I understand that Siesta estimates the k-cutoff from the divisions
given, and then goes ahead just with the cutoff, whereby the shift is added by default.

- Is it a bug or a feature?
- Is there a way to switch this behaviour off?

(Yes I know one can make at the end one more step unshifted.
I'm just wondering).

Thanks,

Andrei

+-- Dr. Andrei Postnikov ---- Tel. +33-387315873 ----- mobile +33-666784053 ---+
| Paul Verlaine University - Institute de Physique Electronique et Chimie,     |
| Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Denses, 1 Bd Arago, F-57078 Metz, France |
+-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------ http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+