On 3 Apr 2007, at 00:33, mian shabbir wrote:

Dear Sir I am new siesta user using a tutorial about silicon bulk.there is a problem that is when I go to

plot bands.dat

xmgrace bands.dat

and select the correct range of energy.

Now the problem is what is xmgrace.I did not find it in my out files and not anywhere in siesta software.Please help me a send some material about solution of these problems in future.
best regards

Dear Mian,

xmgrace is a very nice plotting utility for X Windows and it is
not bundled with the SIESTA code. It is usually  available in
most UNIX and Linux based systems by default but in case
yours does not have it you can download it from here

http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/

Have a look at the website, it has the manual, tutorials and
answers to frequently asked questions among other things.

Kind regards,

Nick