From: Oleksandr Voznyy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:21 AM
To: A.S.
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Fermi level in Siesta

The zero-energy level in Siesta is defined as
the mean value over the unit cell of the delta V_H, defined in Section 4
of the technical paper of Siesta
(J. Soler et al., J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 14, 2745 (2002)).

Both the Fermi level and the one particle eigenvalues
are referred to this value.

To learn more about the zero-energy level in Siesta
you can read the Appendix of the paper by
J. Junquera et al., Phys. Rev. B 67, 155327 (2003)