The DOS and PDOS are calculated independently from the
self-consistent runs. What you need to do is to increase the
number of k-points in your Monkhorst-Pack mesh and
concurrently to increase sampling points and to decrease the
width of your Gaussan smearing. You can stop when you're happy
with what you get; This a limiting procedure, there's nothing
to it. Please also look at the archive; there is an extensive
discussion on this point.
Regards,
*************************
Salvador Barraza-Lopez
3223 BI
University of Illinois
+1(217) 244 1964 (Office)
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/barrazal/www/
*************************
--- Begin Message ---
Hello Roberto Veiga
  Thnx for send the web but my problem is this one
  I observed one thing that how can we find the width of the Gaussian
broadening for Nanotubes bcos wen I chnage Gaussian broadening  (0.02 to 0.20
eV) the DOS shape is t chnaged, specially the DOS at fermi level.
  Any Would you like to let me know how can we choose this parameter for Metal,
Insulator, or Super conductor.
  Thnx

Roberto Veiga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Dear Michael:

  about generating coordinates of carbon nanotubes, maybe you like to see my
Internet-based applet (http://k.1asphost.com/tubeasp/tubeasp.asp). It generates
both XYZ coordinates and a sample SIESTA input for carbon nanotubes of any
chirality and number of unit cells, and also radially deformed.

  Regards,

  Roberto Veiga

  2006/6/26, Michael Shin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:       Thank you much
navaratnarajah kuganathan
   I solved that problem now, but I observed one thing that how can we find the
width of the Gaussian broadening for Nanotubes bcos wen I chnage Gaussian
broadening  (0.02 to 0.20 eV) the DOS shape is totally chnaged, specially the
DOS at fermi level.
  Any Would you like to let me know how can we choose this parameter for Metl,
Insulator, or Super conductor.
  Thnx

navaratnarajah kuganathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Dear Michael,

  I recomend to use two programmes for generating coordinates for carbon
nanotubes.They are tube gen and wrapping.These can be downloaded from
onlone.Addresses are

  http://turin.nss.udel.edu/research/tubegenonline.html

  and

  www.photon.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~maruyama/wrapping3/wrapping.html

  once you have the xyz or pdb files for nanotube you can visualise the
structure of nanotubes in Crystal maker or Chemcraft.Using Chemcraft you can
add atoms or chains.

  regards
  Kugan

Michael Shin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Users
  I read many artcicle about tranition metal(TM) or other element filled
Nanotubes i.e [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  I know there are some softwares which can generate the atomic cordinates of
Nanotube.
  I dont know how we can find the atmic cordinates for Fe filled Nanotubes,
bcos Fe may be in BCC,FCC,Nanowires or in Atomic form.
  Is there any one who can help me in finding the cordinates of Fe or any other
TM filled Nanotubes.
  I will be very thnkful for your help.
  Thnx
  Mich.

  Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1?min.