The error you are getting is because of the format of the input file. The atom program is very very sensitive to the format of the input file. Use the ruler and compare the exact spacing etc of the the rc and all other parameters. It will work.

Sanjay.

--- On Mon, 5/19/08, Anastassia Alexandrova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Anastassia Alexandrova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [SIESTA-L] Pseudopotential issue
To: SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es
Date: Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:09 AM

Dear Users,
I am trying to use the program atom to generate pseudopotentials for siesta.
However, I cannot generate them for elements like Mo and Ta. Is there a
restriction on the maximum number of electrons or maximum main quantum number?
Here is an example my input:

pg Mo with 4d states in valence
tm2 2.6
n=Mo c=car
0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
8 3
5 0 1.00 0.00
5 1 0.00 0.00
4 2 5.00 0.00
1.90 1.90 1.90

Here is what "sh ../pg.sh Mo.4d5s5ptm2.inp" spits out:
cp: cannot stat `VPSOUT': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `VPSFMT': No such file or directory
==> Output data in directory Mo.4d5s5ptm2
==> Pseudopotential in Mo.4d5s5ptm2.vps and Mo.4d5s5ptm2.psf

But no psf or vps files are generated. The OUT file ends like this:

kinetic energy * 2 = 16715.70921324
potential energy = -16438.34858294
virial correction = 22.23021351
virial sum = 299.59084381

Mo pseudopotential generation: Troullier-Martins
nl s eigenvalue rc cdrc delta

error in gamfind (aka v0pp) - delta not found
stop parameter =861

Please advise me on what I am doing wrong. Or is it even possible to generate
pseudopotentials for heavier elements?
Sincerely,
Anastassia
---------------------------------------