Dear Andrei,

Siesta uses the species number in order to identify
the different species, there is no subrutine which lets you identify
a species by it's label so it's quite safe to use the same label
for several species. But it can be very error prone, so I recommend
to have different labels for different species.

Regards,
Eduardo