Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your reply.

I read the papers referred in the links. But I could not understand which
step I am missing in my calculation. For a surface surface calculation there
should not be any potential shift. Average electrostatic potential in the
bulk is not coming into the picture of calculating WF, I guess. Only thing
that is needed to be considered is the energy difference between vacuum
level and Fermi level.

I made sure that I was choosing correct options (surface, potential, filter
function length etc.) in macroave.in file. Plotting the *.PAV gives me the
vacuum level. As I said I checked the convergence of the WF (E_c - E_f) as
function of slab and vacuum thicknesses. So, the only place that I can make
mistakes is probably E_f, which lies in between Ec_min and Ev_max for
semiconductors. I dont know if shifting of E_f is necessary or if that's
what I need to do.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Zubaer