Thanks for the quick response!  I'll give it try.

-Aaron
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:45:34 -0500
From: abehm...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] WFS File
To: SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es

If you want to create cube files you need to set WriteDenchar to True but also
you must use the block:

%block WaveFuncKPoints
0.0 0.0 0.0 from X to Y
%endblock WaveFuncKpoints

This block tells the program at which k-points you want to write the wave
functions.

0.0 0.0 0.0 specifies that you are finding the wave functions at the gamma
point. At this juncture, it is the only allowed value if you want to use
denchar.

X and Y are numerical indices corresponding to whatever specific wavefunctions
you are looking for. To find the HOMO and LUMO, look for the indices of the
eigenstates corresponding to the levels with energy just below and above the
fermi level. This should already be in your siesta output from the first time
you ran this system to find the electronic ground state.

Or, if you're not interested in using denchar you can write any wave functions
you feel like. See the manual descriptor wavefunckpoints in chapter 7.4 for
details.

You can only do this if your solution method is diagon. That is, first, find
the electronic ground state, then look for the indices of the states you want
by either examining the band structure or the eigenvalues in the output and run
the system again with the wavefunckpoints block. You can't do this concurrently
with molecular dynamics like in your .fdf file.

Cheers,

Abraham Hmiel
Research Assistant
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
University at Albany, SUNY
255 Fuller Road
Albany, NY, 12203

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:58 PM, P E LANDERVILLE III <alandervi...@msn.com>