Hi Ricardo,

thanks for your help.

Juliana Morbec

________________________________
De: Ricardo Faccio <rfac...@fq.edu.uy>
Para: SIESTA-L@listserv.uam.es
Enviadas: Domingo, 25 de Janeiro de 2009 15:55:12
Assunto: Re: [SIESTA-L] Res: [SIESTA-L] Spin-polarized band structure

Dear juliana
One thing is: perform a spin-polarized calculation and another thing is: obtain
a band stricture for particular path across brillouin zone. For the first case
is necesarily the SpinPolarized flag, as you mentioned. But in order to obtain
the band structure you need to set another flag: %block BandLines (see
userguide). Then with the help of the veiga's program you'll be able to process
the raw case.bands file obtained by siesta and get  the band structure for up
and dn channels separately.
Best regards
Ricardo

Dr. Ricardo Faccio
Prof. Adj. de Física

Av. Gral. Flores 2124. CC 1157. CP 11800.
Phone: + 598 2 924 9859
Fax: + 598 2 924 1906
Web: http://cryssmat.fq.edu.uy/ricardo/ricardo.htm