Dear Andrei Postnikov,
I am really thankful to you for the valuable suggestions.
 1.  I have experimented by both setting the DM.InitSpin block and not. In
my collinear calculations, anyhow  it is not making much of a change
regarding the magnetic moment values
2. I feel that eventhough  the magnetic moments of 3d atoms for 2D and 1D
systems  are larger than the corresponding bulk, the values I am getting for
Fe and Co is much higher. I have to figure out this by properly setting
other input parameters.
3. As I just started learnig Siesta, I think it will take some time for me
to get a feel for the numbers Siesta give.
4. I understood your point regarding the k mesh. I have to do convergence
tests to find out the k grid values in periodic and non-periodic directions.
I think a fine kgrid can give me more accurate magnetic moment .
5. I do have Xcrysden installed. Visualization using the  Sies2xsf tool
correctly gave the  bcc(110) nanowire  structure

With best regards,
Asa

--
Assa Aravindh.S