> I have managed to plot my graphs with xmgrace. But I am not quite familiar
> with the setting of my data on the graphs.

xmgrace is quite well documented; see
http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/doc/UsersGuide.html

> Do you have any idea of how to :

>  1. set the fermi level to zero in the graphs?

Shift the argument in the data set,
Data -> Transformations -> Evaluate expression
and set formula:
x=x-Efermi

> 2. Would you please let me know how I can limit the y-axis ?

Plot -> Axis properties; select "Y axis"; set Start and Stop

> 3. How I can put the high symmetry point group labels on the x-axis.

See "Typesetting" section of the user's guide,
http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/doc/UsersGuide.html#ss7.1
E.g. for chemical formula H2O you'd write H\s2\NO
you can combine sub and superscripts and fine-tune their placement

> 4. Finally, How can I present two seperate files in one graph with xmgrace.

Data -> Import -> ASCII
and load them one after another.

> Please do forgive me for these questions, I am really at loss
> no one around me has no idea of how to work with grace!!!

Did you try to search in Google for xmgrace ?
With a bit of luck you'd immediately find "Grace Home" with all necessary
links...

Good luck

Andrei Postnikov

Reply via email to