If you're using a script for producing a publication-quality plot, inside
the script you can do

ef=3.4567
set xzeroaxis
plot 'mydata.dat' u ($1+ef):2

otherwise you can simply do, on the command line of gnuplot:

plot 'mydata.dat' u ($1+3.4567):2

and voilà, you have a shifted x-axis with the Fermi level set to zero.

Also try looking at this website, crammed with wonderful tips:

http://t16web.lanl.gov/Kawano/gnuplot/index-e.html

It might satisfy more than 90% of your needs with gnuplot!

Cheers,

Marcos

Vous avez écrit / You have written / Lei ha scritto / Você escreveu... tim
evans

--
Dr. Marcos Verissimo Alves
Post-Doctoral Fellow

------

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto.

Free translation:

Gort, Google is your friend. Google is your friend. Google is your friend.