Well ...

I dont have much information about your system ... Is it a molecule? Or a
polymer maybe?

Anyway ... I dont know if it makes much sense calculating organic solids
 with GGA.  The solid state in such materials is highly dependent on
dispersion interactions like van der walls and london forces, which are not
described by GGA. Thus, I would not be suprised with large cell parameters
in this cases. Some guys I know correct it by ading an empirical
Lenard-Jones like potential in the system ... but ...it is something "ad
hoc".

Cheers

Ney