From: "Jeffei Xu" <jeffei...@gmail.com>
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:24:17 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] How to apply gate voltage in transiesta

Dear Jose,

Thank you very much for your reply.
For transport calculation, gate voltage is sure an important parameter.
In the manual of TranSIESTA-C, it says:
''the electrostatic effect of the gate electrode is simulated by
simply shifting the scattering region
part of the Hamiltonian with the gate voltage (converted into an
electrostatic potential energy).''
I am a interested user, but definitely not skilled,
I don't know how to include this effect in the .TSHS file of SR.
I will try to read and understand the source code of SIESTA.
However, if anybody could do or could give more detailed help, that
will be very appreciated.
This will also benefit the whole SIESTA community.

Jeffei

--
Salvador Barraza-Lopez
Postdoctoral Fellow