From: Pablo A. Denis <pab...@fq.edu.uy>
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Problem in compiling trunk-320
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:27 PM

Dear Dangxin,

could not run trunk301. However, I have compiled trunk320 and the atom program
under suse linux enterprise server 10, iand using fort 10.1.015 and mkl
10.1.014.

It is running very well. I have
only one problem with the VDW-DF calculations, I get a segmentation
fault, probably because it "eats" a lot of memory, I am not sure because the
new
output does not tell how much memory is needed. For example I have a LDA
calculation that needs 200mb. The same
VDW-DF calculation crashes even when 4GB of memory are available.

the arch.make for the serial version is
below.

best regards,

pablo

#
# This file is part of the SIESTA
package.
#
# Copyright (c) Fundacion General Universidad Autonoma de
Madrid:
# E.Artacho, J.Gale, A.Garcia, J.Junquera, P.Ordejon,
D.Sanchez-Portal
# and J.M.Soler, 1996- .
#
# Use of this software
constitutes agreement with the full conditions
# given in the SIESTA license,
as signed by all legitimate users.
#
.SUFFIXES:
.SUFFIXES: .f .F .o .a
.f90 .F90

SIESTA_ARCH=intel9-mkl8

FPP=
FPP_OUTPUT=
FC=ifort
RANLIB=ranlib

SYS=nag

SP_KIND=4
DP_KIND=8
KINDS=$(SP_KIND)
$(DP_KIND)

FFLAGS= -O2 -mp1 -w
FPPFLAGS= -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH
-DFC_HAVE_ABORT
LDFLAGS= -static
FFLAGS_DEBUG= -g
EXTRA_LIBS=-lpthread
-lsvml

ARFLAGS_EXTRA=

FCFLAGS_fixed_f=
FCFLAGS_free_f90=
FPPFLAGS_fixed_F=
FPPFLAGS_free_F90=

GUIDE=/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t/libguide.a
BLAS=/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a
LAPACK=/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a
BLACS_LIBS=
SCALAPACK_LIBS=

COMP_LIBS=

NETCDF_LIBS=
NETCDF_INTERFACE=

LIBS=$(LAPACK) $(BLAS) $(GUIDE)
$(EXTRA_LIBS)

#SIESTA needs an F90 interface to MPI
#This will
give you SIESTA's own implementation
#If your compiler vendor offers an
alternative, you may change
#to it
here.
MPI_INTERFACE=
MPI_INCLUDE=

#Dependency rules are created by autoconf according
to whether
#discrete preprocessing is necessary or
not.
.F.o:
        $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS)
$(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_fixed_F)
$<
.F90.o:
        $(FC) -c
$(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_free_F90)
$<
.f.o:
        $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS)
$(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_fixed_f)
$<
.f90.o:
        $(FC) -c
$(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_free_f90)  $<