From: max...@umich.edu
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:55:29 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] About Pseudopotential test

So you mean the 6p orbit is not appropriate to  be used in the
pseudopotential generation?
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:33:32 -0500 (EST), "Barraza-lopez, Salvador"
<s...@mail.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Well, the promotion of electrons has as it underlying motivation the
change
> in occupations in real materials. I think some of the occupation changes
in
> your list, such as 6s1 5d5 6p5, would be unphysical... would not be
> surprised if in those cases you face an error. Remember that in the
pseudo
> the 6p orbital may be too close to the energy zero (in other words, in
your
> original pseudo generation the 6p channel may be really close to become
> unbounded). Fractional occupations and up to 1 or 2 electron promotion
> would make sense, in my opinion. I don't know if somebody else in the
list
> has more experience in the issue though.
>
>  Best regards,
> -Salvador.

Eastern

--
Salvador Barraza-Lopez
Postdoctoral Fellow

Room N205
837 State Street Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0430 U.S.A
Tel: (404) 894-0892 Fax: (404) 894-9958

Responder a