Dear Haoliang,
I think when you compare total energies from Siesta and from Atom,
you introduce an unknown error, because they are calculated
in quite different way (mesh, basis issues appear in Siesta
but not in Atom). It is better to compare comparable values,
i.e. total energy of dimer against that of two distant atoms.
Define a large enough unit cell to accommodate two separated atoms
and, keeping the cell fixed, move the atoms together
and trace the energy; hopefully you'll find a minimum at
some distance.
In doing this, do not forget to make the calculation magnetic
and to set the magnetic moments on isolated atoms.

Best regards

Andrei Postnikov

Responder a