Dear Mengqiu:

I think the answer is simple, but I will explain
in a bit long detail:

The parameters:
TS.TBT.Emin
TS.TBT.Emax

Define the minimum and maximum  energy values
considered to compute the function "Transmission(E)"
(We are talking about the total energy of the
electrons incident to the scattering region).

These two values are used together with
TS.TBT.NPoints to tell the program how this function
"Transmission(E)" is going to be sampled (numerically)

i.e. the program tbtrans will produce a table with
values of energy (E) and Transmission (T):
E1 T1
E2 T2
E3 T3
En  Tn

- Such that "E1 < E2 < E3 < E4 ... < En" and they are
equi-spaced (regular spacing sampling in Energy)
- Such that E1 = TS.TBT.Emin
- Such that En = TS.TBT.Emax
- And such that  n = TS.TBT.NPoints

So these labels define the interval and sampling
chosen for the computation of "Transmission(E)",
( T(E)).

For a given bias voltage (V). The electron current,
I, is computed using that function T(E). I is basically
the definite integral of T(E) to a given window of
energies.  That window of energies (for the integral)
is just proportional to the the bias voltage V
(the integral runs from -eV/2 to eV/2).

So if you have chosen a sampling for T(E) such that
the interval of energies sampled does not include
the bias voltage "window", then the program runs into
trouble since it can not compute the integral for I
properly.

Therefore, the suggestion is clear:
- Make E1 and En such that the interval (-eV/2, eV/2)
is included in the interval (E1,En).

- Also choose a large enough number of points to
describe the function T(E) properly! (it may
have sharp peaks)

Other than that, TS.TBT.Emin, TS.TBT.Emax and
TS.Voltage are independent parameters.
This means that, for a given bias voltage
and as longas the interval (TS.TBT.Emin, TS.TBT.Emax)
is large enough (in the sense explained above),
the current computed should not change if you vary
TS.TBT.Emin, TS.TBT.Emax.

Yours
Jose A. Torres, Ph.D.
SIESTA Manager