Hello Everyone,
I'm quite new to the problem of structure relaxation with lattice mismatch
and hence had a few queries. I'm trying to optimize graphene on top of a
silicon 100 surface (7 layers of silicon Hydrogen pasivated). Please could
someone guide through the following problems?

1) The silicon and graphene structures have different lattice constants.
Hence in my initial structure I take a mean of these lattice constants as my
initial lattice constant and perform a CG run to relax the atoms (Constant
volume). Is taking the mean as the initial guess the correct way to perform
relaxation? For such a run I look at the forces in FORCE_STRESS file. Are
the forces a sufficient parameter to stop CG?  Next I perform a variable
cell run.

2) what all parameters I need to look at in order to confirm that my
structure is fully relaxed, also please could someone specify the typical
values of these parameters to look at?

Regards,

Juzar Thingna
Department of Physics,
Center for Computation Science and Engineering,
National University of Singapore.

Responder a