From: "Alexander Vozny" <ovoz...@gmail.com>
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 4:51:56 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Sudden memory increase on Efield calculations

Salvador,

There was a similar reported problem about memory increase very
recently, and it was considered a bug and I think the rc2 addressed that
issue. Try searching the archives.

Adding electric field is a very simple subroutine which simply adds a
value to VH at every grid point. So this should not be a problem in
principle.
However, I noticed in siesta3 (a bug?) that this electric field is not
applied throughout the whole unit cell, but only in a part of it.
This may cause violent jumps in electronic density in a cell, and
possibly in increase of memory usage.

Alexander.

Responder a