Dear SIESTA Users,

I think that the "inability" of SIESTA to correctly describe LO phonons in
polar materials such as  AlN at the limit q tend to 0 is porbably due to the
fact that this code uses  atom-centred basis sets which fail to describe  the
long wavelengths near gamma well far from the the atomic centers.

Karim

this might be useful :
http://chianti.geol.ucl.ac.uk/~dario/tutorial_phonons.tar.gz