Hi Siesta Users.
This question is basic but due to my stupidity I could not answer it. Below is 
my question:
First, take a look on this following page. This is octopus pseudopotential 
generation for Hydrogen atom
-----
Input
http://www.tddft.org/programs/octopus/pseudo.php
Output
http://www.tddft.org/programs/octopus/pseudo_cat.php?d=PPm88Fks&f=2
-----
Scroll down of output page until you got the total energy of Hydrogen. 
total energies
 --------------

 sum of eigenvalues        =       -0.46732456
 kinetic energy from ek    =        0.82349817
 el-ion interaction energy =       -1.81488127
 el-el  interaction energy =        0.56444567
 vxc    correction         =       -0.60483292
 virial correction         =        0.04206809
 exchange + corr energy    =       -0.46414171
 kinetic energy from ev    =        0.82349830
 potential energy          =       -1.71457732
 ---------------------------------------------
 total energy              =       -0.89107902
This case it's equal to -0.89107902 Rydberg (or -12.12 eV). Compared it to the 
standard value from NIST site 
(http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/DFTdata/Tables/01H-T.html)
-----------
1      H       1s (Energy in hartree) 


             LDA              LSD             RLDA             ScRLDA     
 
Etot  =     -0.445671        -0.478671        -0.445668        -0.445668
Ekin  =      0.425027         0.466643         0.425020         0.425020
Ecoul =      0.282827         0.298377         0.282824         0.282824
Eenuc =     -0.920999        -0.965619        -0.920997        -0.920996
Exc   =     -0.232525        -0.278072        -0.232516        -0.232515

     1s     -0.233471        -0.268975        -0.233463        -0.233463
--------
We see the total energy of Hydrogen atom is approximate -12.12 eV. This total 
energy is quite different with the experimental value of Hydrogen which is 
equal to -13.6 eV.
I believe that the NIST standard value could not be wrong so the result 
generated by Octopus or any pseudopotential generator is reliable but I find 
that I could not understand why there is such that difference between the 
calculated and experimental value. Or I am missing something.
Hope anyone clear this basic question.
Thanks,
Sau Nguyen
U of Houston

Responder a