From: "Nicolas Leconte" <lecontenico...@gmail.com>
To: siesta-l@uam.es
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] Why does not anyone answer the question?

Hi Majid,

I think it is always important to clarify what you already did to solve your
problem by mentioning how it worked and where you got stuck. Simply mentioning
you looked in the manual but didn't find anything is already a good start. A
very general question without background or personal work is not likely to get
any attention from other users.

Concerning the magnetic field. What kind of magnetic field do you want do you
want to use. Does your (finite) field has to couple with the spin? With the
orbital motion of the electrons? Anyways, I don't think the latter is available
in any public version of any periodic boundary condition ab initio code. For
sure not in SIESTA.

I think the best you could do in SIESTA is impose a fully ferromagnetic state
of your system by fixing your spins (see DM.InitSpinAF) all up. Do a same
non-spin polarized calculation. And process both these systems using Transiesta
or Smeagol to get transport quantities. See their respective manuals to learn
how to use them. Transport in ab initio calculations is a field on its own, so
it will certainly take some time to master these tools. But as you can not vary
any external magnetic field, you won't get B-dependent curves.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Nicolas