That's right.  Though depending on the system, you need to make sure the
SZP basis is good enough for your purposes.

Alex


On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM, mahmoud ali <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you Alex, I have seen in some papers the author said we ralxed the
> system using DZP and to save time we used SZP in the electronic
> calculation. Now what I conclude is : in the relaxation part I could use
> any basis set but for the electrode and scattering calculations I have to
> use the same basis set in both, is this right?
>
> M
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Alex Pak <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> In the electrode.fdf file, you use a DZP basis while in scat.fdf, you use
>> a SZP basis.  If you want to use the .TSHS from electrode.fdf, you should
>> change scat.fdf to DZP.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 3:12 AM, mahmoud ali <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear transiesta users,
>>> I'm trying to run transport calculations for zigzag CNT. The attached
>>> two input  files for the electrode region are used, the electrode.fdf file
>>> is the same file I have used to relax the CNT and the file input.fdf  is a
>>> file I found in siesta archive mail. Both files gave .TSHS without any
>>> problem, but when I go to the next level of calculations ( include the
>>> scattering region) I got an error from using the electrode.fdf file whereas
>>> no such error came from using the input.fdf :
>>>
>>>  ERROR: lastoL,NGL2           0           9          18
>>> 27          36
>>>           45          54          63          72          81          90
>>>           99         108         117         126         135         144
>>>          153         162         171         180         189         198
>>>          207         216         225         234         243         252
>>>          261         270         279         288         416
>>> ERROR: Unexpected no. orbs. in L elec.
>>> ERROR STOP from Node:    0
>>> ERROR: Unexpected no. orbs. in L elec.
>>> ERROR STOP from Node:    1
>>> ERROR: Unexpected no. orbs. in L elec.
>>>
>>>
>>> I have used the same scat.fdf file for the scattering region in both
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Alexander J. Pak*
>>
>> Graduate Research Assistant - The Hwang Group
>>
>> Department of Chemical Engineering
>> Cockrell School of Engineering
>>
>> The University of Texas at Austin
>> 1 University Station, C0400
>> Austin, Texas 78712
>>
>> CPE 4.422 | O: (512) 471-1839
>>
>> M: (917) 637-0413 | [email protected]
>>
>>
>>  <[email protected]>
>>
>
>


-- 

*Alexander J. Pak*

Graduate Research Assistant - The Hwang Group

Department of Chemical Engineering
Cockrell School of Engineering

The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station, C0400
Austin, Texas 78712

CPE 4.422 | O: (512) 471-1839

M: (917) 637-0413 | [email protected]


 <[email protected]>

Responder a