dr. Roberto Pasianot, dr. Andrei Posnikov,

Thanks for the replies.I have a question about the following:

*"You may wish to start calculation with its value of say 300 - 600 K
but then take care to reduce it to a small enough value that
the total energy does not vary with it any more."*

Does this mean in CG type of run and MD, once I have optimized my structure
with low band-gap and 300K smearing, I should reduce the "electronic
temperature" to go on calculating other properties, such as polarization?

Regards,
Pedram

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Roberto Pasianot <pasia...@cnea.gov.ar>wrote:

> Hi Pedram,
>
> MD temperature is "reaĺ", thermodynamic temperature.
> Electronic temperature is just a smearing parameter for the
> Fermi surface, that easies the computation of integrals in
> reciprocal space involving occupied states. You could use
> the MP scheme instead of the FD one, thus loosing connection
> with any statistical distribution. Or even choose zero, with
> possible horrible effects on SCF convergence.
>
> Bye, bye,
>
> Roberto
>

> On 09/05/2013 11:41 AM, pedram heidari wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problem with temperatures in MD Anneal in Si.fdf that is present in
>> "tests" directory in siesta code. (I have enclosed the .fdf)
>>
>> There, I can see the electronic temperature is 300K and two other
>> parameters as:
>>
>> MD.InitialTemperature 100 K
>> MD.TargetTemperature 600 K
>>
>> To my understanding, the electronic temperature comes from the fermi-dirac
>> distribution and deals with the valence "electrons" but MD temperatures
>> come
>> from Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution for "atoms" and should consider the
>> role of
>> the nuclei as well, if I am not mistaken.
>>
>> What is exactly the point of mentioning the temperature in two different
>> distributions in one MD simulation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pedram

Responder a