I think you need to look into how to run mpi runs with the best binding
strategy.
--bind-to none can in certain cases really fuck up your core distribution
(when you have as many sockets as you have).
You really want to do 4 core binding per socket to maximize locality of
your cores.

Please refer to your MPI mailing list, this is not a question directly
related to SIESTA.

Let me note that libraries you compile siesta with, have a huge inflict on
performance, so asking "why is it slow?" and providing a fdf file might not
give any clue (unless you have specific questions to the parallel settings
of siesta), but in this case you have a very low BlockSize, try and let
siesta find its own, or play a little with it (if you have optimized it
then fine ;) ).

2014-12-14 11:01 GMT+00:00 Seyed Mohammad Tabatabaei <[email protected]>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a 64-core system. These 64 cores are actually four 16-core
> cpus. I also have 128 GB of RAM. I have many SIESTA runs so I run each
> of them on 4 cores with the following command:
>
> $ mpirun --bind-to none -np 4 siesta.3.2 < MoS2.fdf > MoS2.out
>
> The parallel compilation is correct. Currently I have run the
> following .fdf file and it has taken a long time on 4 cores since ">>
> Start of run:   6-DEC-2014  16:38:02" and it has not yet finished. Any
> helps for speeding up my calculations through changing the .fdf file
> is highly appreciated. I have attached my .fdf file.
>
> Bests,
> Mohammad
>


-- 
Kind regards Nick

Responder a