Hi Zahra

your both DOS distributions are essentially quite close,
only that one of them (that with 288 atoms) uses much less k-points
(the 6*6 mesh). The resulting energy values are too sparse,
that's why you see strongly fluctuating DOS curve.
The other calculation (with 200 atoms) uses much more k-points (10*10 mesh)
and the resulting DOS is much more smooth.

Solution:
- increase the density of k-points (at least
just for PDOS calculation, see the switch
PDOS.kgrid Monkhorst Pack )
and/or
- increase the broadening of DOS by e.g.
setting Electronic Temperature, or
set the appropriate broadening parameter in
ProjectedDensityOfStates
block.

The exact "fix" depends on what exactly do you want:
an accurate smooth curve or merely a reasonably looking one,
without strong unphysical fluctuations.
After all, this is just about the graphic representation...

Best regardsAndrei
----- Zahra Talebi <talebi_z2...@yahoo.com> a écrit :
>hi every body
i am working on graphene surface, and I got a problem. I am trying the
different super cell. for supercell with 200 atom I got the right DOS and band
file. but for supercell with 288 atom I got wrong DOS but right band. I am
attaching the fdf file to my e-mail. does any body knows the problem. I also
attached the DOS file I really appreciate your guide
zahra

Responder a